The CoSE Student Success Center offers appointment advising on the following subjects:
- General Education Requirements
- University Requirements
- Graduation Checks
- Assistance with petitions and other forms
- Referrals to Major Advisors and other on-campus resources
This support is available to all CoSE undergraduate students.
We can help you with understanding probation-related policies and clearing Academic Probation Holds.
- For students in CoSE majors who are on their first semester of probation, you do not have a hold on your account. You are encouraged to meet with your major advisor or a CoSE Student Success Center advisor to review any challenges you may be having and find out ways to improve your chances of having a more successful semester.
- For students in CoSE who are Subject to Disqualification please check your SF State email for an invitation link from one of the CSSC advisors to schedule an appointment to have your Academic Probation Hold lifted before the October 30th deadline.
Change of Major Advising
Change of Major is now online! If you are interested in changing your major, we can walk you through the process and explain next steps.
*Please Note*: Some of our majors are impacted. Refer to the University's Impaction page for more information about requirements and application deadlines for those majors.
Withdrawal Request is now online! If you find that you need to withdraw from a course or from a semester, we strongly recommend that you speak with one of our advisors first to review the potential impact this may have on your degree. We can discuss with you what your options are and plan for how to approach your next semester.